Canadian pharmaceutical market offers effortless and effective ways to cut on routine healthcare expenses of the American citizens. Unfortunately, healthcare institutions in the country do not provide their clients with a sufficient amount of medications. Several legal concerns don’t let the Americans get certain meds in line with their health insurance.
Are Canadian Prescription Drugs Legal?
It will be illegal if you’re not a certified manufacturer. An officially approved pharmaceutical company has all rights to distribute its products in the country and over the border. A well-documented online Canadian drugstore will share all papers and records to prove it’s safe for the clients.
You have the legal right to buy prescription drugs from Canadian pharmacies if you:
- Do have a severe and complex condition that cannot be treated within the borders of the United States;
- Don’t share your meds with the other citizens of the country;
- Don’t provoke unreasonable risks by taking the medication of your choice;
- Address your doctor and share your prescription and medical check-
- up information with the pharmacist.
You don’t have the right to transport prescription drugs from Canada to the United States. FDA legislation permits it ONLY in limited circumstances.
The following is the TOP list of the most popular prescription medications offered by the Canadian legal pharmacies in the USA.
TOP 10 Prescribed Meds Available in Canadian Pharmacies in 2019
The med is also known under the following brand names: Hysingla and Zohydro. That’s an opioid-containing medication that works as an effective pain-killer. It helps to deal with severe chronic pains. Only your regular physician can give recommendations on the dosage of the med basing on your health indicators. It’s a potent prescription med, and you should NEVER take it if you have:
- Breathing problems;
- Stomach problems;
- Lung diseases;
- Addiction to drugs and alcohol;
- Troubles with kidney and liver;
- Thyroid problems;
- Heart conditions.
- Generic Zocor
Zocor is also known as Simvastatin. It’s effective against heart diseases and prevention of heart strokes. Physicians often prescribe it for patients who suffer from diabetes complications. You can only use Zocor if you’re more than 10 years old. Consider the following:
- You can’t take Zocor in higher amounts than your doctor recommends it;
- Don’t take it if you suffer from kidney or liver conditions;
- Never take Zocor when pregnant because it can provoke congenital disabilities;
- It’s prohibited to take it with antibiotics, heart meds, AIDS meds, or hepatitis drugs.
This ACE inhibitor is also known as Prinivil and Zestril. The drug is effective against hypertension. Both adults and kids can take it over 6 years old. It effectively deals with blood pressure and numerous heart failures. Be very careful with the dosage recommendation because your mistake can make this effective prescription drug fatal.
- Pregnant women are not allowed to take it;
- Lisinopril is not compatible with sacubitril-containing medications;
- Be careful taking the drug if you suffer from kidney conditions;
- Make sure you are tolerant of ACE inhibitors;
- Lisinopril can prevent women from getting pregnant.
You can also find it as Levoxyl, Tirosint, and Unithroid. The active component is levothyroxine. The med deals with thyroid conditions. It helps to increase the insufficient levels of the hormone produced by the thyroid.
- Don’t take it after a recent heart attack or if you experience heart attack symptoms;
- Synthroid is not compatible with weight-loss medications;
- It is not safe for patients suffering from anemia, diabetes, kidney problems, and allergies.
Women can take the med while being pregnant or nursing. Nevertheless, the dosage is essential, so don’t forget to consult your physician first.
The main active component is amlodipine. The med is destined to make the blood vessels more full and make the blood flow more intensive. It’s one of the necessary meds treating pains in the chest and hypertension. A patient should be more than 6 years old to start the treatment course.
- Norvasc is not compatible with alcohol;
- It is dangerous for patients suffering from kidney problems and heart conditions;
- Make sure you can tolerate amlodipine;
- There is no approved fact about the potentially dangerous side effects for the pregnant and breast-feeding women.
Make sure you check your blood pressure regularly while following the medication course. Norvasc is often included in a complex medication course with diet weight control and exercise recommendations. If you don’t follow the recommendations of your physician, you might experience an insufficient healing effect.
You probably know this med under the name Omeprazole. It’s one of the time-tested meds for stomach problems. Prilosec reduces the amount of acid in the stomach. Doctors often prescribe it with antibiotics, because the pills are effective against gastric problems caused by the aggressive active components of some treatments.
- Stop taking it is you have diarrhea;
- Prilosec may cause rashes;
- Don’t take it if you suffer from chest pains, uncontrolled weight loss, liver problems, osteoporosis, or blood pressure problems.
This antibiotic drug is also known as Zithromax or Azasite. The name might differ depending on the manufacturer, but the active component is the same. The remedy effectively deals with bacteria. It’s effective against:
- Ear, eye, skin, and respiratory infections;
- Almost all types of conditions triggered by bacteria.
Like all antibiotics, Azithromycin is not safe for the patients suffering from:
- Kidney or liver conditions;
- Unstable heart rhythm;
- Excessive potassium levels in the blood;
- Myasthenia gravis.
The med is safe for pregnant women. Your physician will have to consider the dosage that will be safe for the mother and her baby.
That’s a time-tested penicillin-based antibiotic drug which is very effective against the conditions caused by bacteria. You can also find it as Amoxil and Moxatag. It works best against:
- Ear, nose, and throat infections;
- Skin infections;
- Urinary problems;
The med is very powerful, and physicians often prescribe it together with stomach acid reducers. Keep in mind that Amoxicillin may be very dangerous if you are intolerant to penicillin. Consider taking another antibiotic if you have asthma, problems with kidneys, or digestive conditions.
The active component of the med is metformin. You can find the drug under the following names: Fortamet, Glumetza, Riomet. It helps patients with diabetes and unstable blood sugar levels. You can’t take the med if you:
- Suffer from kidney or liver conditions;
- Experience heart problems;
- Have metabolic acidosis;
- Take insulin or other diabetes medications.
Pregnant women should take the drug responsibly. The control of the blood levels is highly important while breast-feeding as well.
- HCTZ (Hydrochlorothiazide)
The drug is also known as “water pill.” It helps you absorb less salt. The drug is used to deal with edema (the retention of the fluid in the body). It is often prescribed to people with heart problems, kidney disorders, and cirrhosis. You can take HCTZ if you:
- Are intolerant to hydrochlorothiazide;
- Have urination problems;
- Suffer from diabetes;
- Experience asthma or other breathing problems.
Never take HCTZ with alcohol and avoid hot weather while receiving the treatment. Besides, you should take the med with a sufficient amount of water.